Acronafplia
Acronafplia
4' (1 Km)

Acronafplia (Turkish Ichs-Kale) is a rocky peninsula that used to be the acropolis of Nafplio in antiquity. It is opposite Bourtzi and to the right of Nafplio at the entrance to the Argolikos Gulf. It is only accessible from the North by an artificial…

READ MORE
Ancient Acropolis Of Tiryns
Ancient Acropolis Of Tiryns
8' (5 Km)

Today the ancient Acropolis of Tiryns, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, extends over a large expanse of the Arolian plain. The mythical circles of Vellerefond, Perseus, and Hercules are connected with the Acropolis of ancient Tiryns. The…

READ MORE
Archaeological Museum Of Nafplio
Archaeological Museum Of Nafplio
1' (1 Km)

The museum is housed in a Venetian building built in 1713 and features exhibits of the Paleolithic period from Tiryns, Asini, Berbati and Old Epidaurus, the Chalcolithic period, the Middle Helladic period, the Mycenaean period, the Classical period, t…

READ MORE
Argos Ancient Market
Argos Ancient Market
18' (13 Km)

In the heart of the modern city of Argos in the prefecture of Argolis and just opposite the ancient theater of Argos, drowned in plants, is the ruined ancient market of Argos, the all-important shopping center of the Peloponnese. The ancient ma…

READ MORE
Argos Ancient Theater
Argos Ancient Theater
18' (13 Km)

The ancient theater of Argos is the leading cultural monument of Argos, located in a central part of the city, southeast of Larissa hill, and extends directly opposite the ancient market of Argos. Constructed by Polykleitos at the end of the 5t…

READ MORE
Argos Castle
Argos Castle
27' (16 Km)

Argos Castle is one of the oldest and most historic castles in Greece. The site had been fortified since prehistoric times. The castle was finalized by the Franks. The castle of Larissa (Argos means plain and Larissa means acropolis), wa…

READ MORE
Astros Castle
Astros Castle
39' (32 Km)

The castle, according to the Chronicle of Morea, was built in 1256 by the ruler of the Principality of Achaia, William II Villeardouin, to subdue the Tsakonians living in the area. The castle was called Castello della Estella, that is, the Castle of A…

READ MORE
Bastion Five Brothers
Bastion Five Brothers
1' (1 Km)

The Five Brothers Bastion is located on the northwestern side of Akronafplia and was constructed to control the entrance to the port of Nafplio with Bourtzi. The Five Brothers is a protruding section of wall from the rest of the Acronafplia wall…

READ MORE
Bavarian Lion
Bavarian Lion
6' (2 Km)

The Bavarian Lion is an attraction located in the town of Nafplio in Argolis, in the Provonia district and near the cemetery on Michael the Doctor. Carved with fine art on the rock, the Lion of Bavaria is one of the first outdoor sculptures of …

READ MORE
Bourtzi
Bourtzi
2' (1 Km)

Thalassopyrgos or Kasteli according to the Venetians and Bourtzi according to the Turks, is a small islet in front of the port of Nafplio, just opposite the Penthei-Brotherhood artillery fireplace, completely covered by old Venetian fir her name…

READ MORE
Epidaurus Ancient Theater
Epidaurus Ancient Theater
37' (28 Km)

The ancient theater of Epidaurus is located at the southeast end of the sanctuary dedicated to the healing god of antiquity, Asclepius, at the Asclepius of Epidaurus. It is built on the western slope of Mount Kinortios. It is located near the present-…

READ MORE
Kapodistrias House
Kapodistrias House
1' (0 Km)

The building, then owned by Alexander Kolokouvaros, was repaired and handed over to Governor I. Kapodistrias in November 1829. It is a two-storey mansion facing the harbor, with interesting architectural elements inside…

READ MORE
Kefalari Cave Zoodochos Pigi Temple
Kefalari Cave Zoodochos Pigi Temple
22' (17 Km)

In a magnificent setting, above the fountain of the river Erasinos, is the sanctuary of the Zoodochos Pigi Kefalariou or Panagia Kefalariotissa. It was built according to tradition, in 1634, destroyed in 1918 and rebuilt in 1928 by the Argeans, and especially at the expense…

READ MORE
Mycenae
Mycenae
27' (25 Km)

Mycenae (Mycenae, Mycenae) was an ancient city of Argolis near Mount Tritos and across the Argolic Gulf. The archaeological site of Mycenae lies about…

READ MORE
Nafplio War Museum
Nafplio War Museum
4' (1 Km)

The Nafplio War Museum in Argolis, which was inaugurated in 1988, is housed in a neoclassical stone building on Amalia Avenue in the center of Nafplio, essentially an annex to the Athens Museum. It was built around the second half of the 18th century…

READ MORE
Old Town Clocktower
Old Town Clocktower
6' (2 Km)

The clock was placed at Akronafplia in one of the most beautiful spots above the Old Town in the time of Otto, under the leadership of the physician Epaminondas Kotsonopoulos (1866-1878 and 1883-1890). The watch came from Bavaria with the donation of Ludwig I of Otto`s father. During the occupation…

READ MORE
Palamidi Castle
Palamidi Castle
10' (5 Km)

Palamidi is a fortress in Nafplio which was built in 1687 by the Venetians, after occupying the hill on which it is located, after a fierce battle with the Ottomans during the Venetian-Turkish War. The hill on which it stands is 216 meters high and reaches Palamidi either by carriageway or by a staircase…

READ MORE
Paralio Astros
Paralio Astros
40' (32 Km)

Astros beach in North Kynouria is the most important summer resort and favorite summer destination for the residents of Arcadia, Argolis and not only as it has experienced significant but mild tourist development in recent years with many visitors from Athens, but also Nafplio…

READ MORE
Parliament Building
Parliament Building
1' (1 Km)

The Parliament building, located in the southwestern part of Syntagma Square, holds a special place in Greek history, as the House of Revolutionary Greece housed it. It dates back to 1730, during the Second Turkish occupation of the city, and w…

READ MORE
Pyramid of Elliniko
Pyramid of Elliniko
24' (19 Km)

The Pyramid of Elliniko in Argolis is located on a small hill in the village of Elliniko, near the fountains of Erasinos and about 9 kilometers southwest of Argos. The Pyramid of Elliniko (also known as the Pyramid of Kechri), considered the best preserved pyramid building…

READ MORE
The Land Gate
The Land Gate
4' (1 Km)

The Land Gate in Argolis is a monument under the walls of Akronafplia, opposite the Judicial Palace and in front of the first buildings of the Old Town of Nafplio. It was called the Porta di Terraferma because it was the only entrance to the city from the land at that time…

READ MORE